Opus Shawl by Maxim Cyr
A new shawl design by Maxim Cyr for Walcot Yarns Opus is to be released on August 12th and we thought it might be fun to put together some yarn kits for this beautiful design.
The shawl is knit in four colours of Opus, which is a buttery soft sport weight with 70% Falkland Merino and 30% Baby Alpaca. Each kit contains five skeins of Walcot Opus with the following colours to choose from:-
- Option 1 - Original colours - Ink, Grey (2 skeins), Goldenrod and Castlerock
- Option 2 - Ink, Grey (2 skeins), Love Potion and Castlerock
- Option 3 - Plum, Summer Storm (2 skeins), Grey and Splashed White
- Option 4 - Ivy, Charcoal (2 skeins), Grey and Splashed White
- Option 5 - Charcoal, Grey (2 skeins), Castlerock and Splashed White
- Option 6 - Cove, Castlerock (2 skeins), Grey and Cinnabar
The design uses slip stitches to creates a three-dimensional texture and is edged in an i-cord. The finished shawl is a wonderful large asymmetric shawl you'll be able to wrap yourself in this Autumn!
Finished Measurements:- Length: 70 in / 178 cm, Height: 34 in / 86 cm
You will also need 3.75mm (US 5) circular needle 150cm in length or the size needed to obtain gauge, plus a tapestry needle to weave in yarn ends.
Please note that the pattern is not included; it's available to purchase separately on Ravelry from August 12th.
Max is hosting a knit-along for his design both on Ravelry and Instagram, so why not join in with the fun!