Making Stories Magazine strive to feature companies and makers who focus on sustainability, transparency, fairness and equity in their work. They love sharing their stories and hope to inspire and enable crafters to make conscious and informed decisions about the materials they use and the companies they support.
In Issue 6, Making Stories are taking a look upward and beyond as a gentle reminder to not forget to look skyward, to see the beauty above, to take a breath of fresh air.
The 12 knitting patterns are included in this issue that is inspired by everything we see when we take our eyes off the ground – the sky, the clouds, the buildings, the trees, the texture, the light. They’re complemented by the works of our artists and writers who remind us to stay present and connected, no matter where we are and what we see.
- Altocumulus Shawl by Fiona Alice (Isager Spinni & Silk Mohair)
- Among The Trees Hat by Makenzie Alvarez (Garthenor Organic Number 3)
- Boirina Sweater by Elena Solier Jansà (Bouclelaine Ouessant 50)
- Cirro Sweater by Valentina Cosciani (Biches & Bûches Le Petit Lambswool & Le Petit Silk & Mohair)
- Dancing Skies Socks by Emily Joy Rickard (The Fibre Co. Amble)
- Grassland T-Shirt by Susan Schädler (Gepard Garn Wild & Soft & Kid Seta)
- Growing Ivy Scarf by Ayano Tanaka (Holst Garn Supersoft)
- Ley Lines Sweater by Kjerstin Rovetta (Laxtons Sheepsoft DK)
- Orage Socks by Elena Solier Jansà (Mominoki Yarn Finnwool)
- Sky Lines Wrap by Ksenia Naidyon (Uist Wool Astair 4ply)
- Tropfen Sweater by Julia Exner (Annabel Williams Bluff Cove 4ply now Darwin 4ply)
- Vitrail Socks by Audrey Borrego (woollentwine Corriedale Sock)